This post contains affiliate links.
We have already started seeing the back-to-school sales now, which is sometimes a downer for those that choose to school outside of the home. But it does not mean that summer is officially over! Its only July and there are still plenty of days to enjoy the sunshine and the BEACH! You definitely want to be prepared before heading to the beach, especially with kids in tow. I have compiled a list of must-haves for families to ensure that you are beach ready and you have covered your basics. Be sure to check off the list as you pack, making sure you do not forget your items. Also, add anything your family needs to your personal list.
The beach is one of my most favorite places to vacation, and this list is a great tool for my family and I. Remember to always be vigilant and teach your children water safety. Have fun, be safe, and enjoy making beautiful memories at the beach.
- Sunscreen (Check for non toxic sunscreens because of the harsh chemicals that are found in the name brand products. Check out Pure Haven Essentials – no longer a consultant I just believe in their products, and Babyganics Mineral-Based Sunscreen Lotion, SPF+50; there are also some recipes out there for a safe nontoxic sunscreen for everyone).
- Beach towels (Bring extra just in case, maybe one for coming out of the water and one for drying off after rinsing the sand.)
- Beachwear: Hats, Swimsuits, and Swim Coverup
- Beach toys (buckets, shovels, sand trucks, etc).
- Snacks and beverages (Lots of fruit and preferably bite sized snacks AND fill water bottles the night before and freeze them.)
- Tote bags (To carry your items, and a separate tote bag for the sealed wet bag and beach towels).
- Sealed “wet bag” (to carry wet swimsuits/clothing)
- Flip flops
- First-aid kit
- Extra set of clothing
- Beach chairs for everyone
- Extra cash for snacks you may want to purchase while at the beach.
- Beach umbrella
Oh and here are a few snack ideas that are perfect for the beach. Of course our family would choose organic options which when bought in bulk can be more cost efficient.
- Orange slices
- Sandwiches cut in small pieces
- Granola bars
- Apple slices
- Veggie sticks (celery, carrots, etc).
- Organic individual bags of crackers and chips.
- Organic Fruit snacks
Have FUN in the SUN!